Friday, August 17, 2012

Dog Day Productivity

As a trout fisherman, the month of August can be a "reel" downer.  (See what I did there?).  Most trout become extremely uninterested with any presentation with continued hot weather, long days, and a muggy atmosphere.  It's almost pointless at times to try and hit the streams in search of any fin.  But of course, the internal itch of getting a nice rod bend will eat at you until succumbing to the local stream in inevitable.

Fishing for warm water species is always an option.  But there is something that bass, crappie, catfish, etc. cannot satisfy within a trout man.  Don't get me wrong.  I do enjoy a nice evening out on the lake throwing poppers for chunky small mouth, but at my core is the state fish of Pennsylvania.  (Not specifically the Brook Trout, but trout in general).  So what is a trouter to due in these warm dog days of summer?

Many of you know that I also write for an awesome outdoor and college sports related company known as CollegiateCamo.  My latest blog can be found on their website that follows the end of this sentence. CLICK ME.  Find out, in my opinion, what you can due as an angler to stay productive during the Dog Days of Summer!

Follow me on Twitter: @trueze
                 ~Or~
Facebook me: Matt Truesdale

No comments:

Post a Comment