Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Little Friend. Part 2


Since sitting down to write that last article a lot has transpired in my world of trout fishing.  I have met someone new, who of which, has made a large impact in my life and whom I have become very attached to.  It is hard not to like her slender, tight moving, hot action body.  The feeling I get when I’m using her is indescribable.  And she looks so pretty wet!
….
……….
 ......................
Of course, I am talking about my new favorite trout lure.  The Excalibur trout lures.  The Babe Ruth of trout lures.  The slam dunk of trout lures.  The... okay, you get the point.

The Ultra Light Minnow.  My new number 1 when it comes to trout fishing.

 I haven’t completely broken up with the original floaters or the x-raps I previously wrote about.  We’re just on a break…..   Since discovering this new lure from Rapala I have easily doubled the amount of trout I catch every time I hit the water.  Not only am I catching more trout, I’m also catching larger trout.  Browns, brookies, and rainbows cannot resist this finely crafted piece of tackle as it flutters through the water.  Just for fun, here is a picture video showing some of the trout I have landed while using the ULM from Rapala in the past 3 months.



( If the Blogger tube doesn't work, click here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lKi22CNzE )

 
The best is yet to come.  I’m about to let the proverbial cat out of the bag.  I’m going to spill the beans.  Open the flood gates, release the hounds, set off the fireworks, and open Pandora’s Box.  You can’t just go out to the stream and expect to catch fish with this little beauty.  You must follow protocol and learn the ways the ULM, young grasshopper.  First, go wash and wax your car before you read the rest of this article.  I’ll wait.

…… ……….. *whistling in the tune of a popular song*………
……………
Okay, I know you did not go out to wash your car or meditate, but here’s the secret.  Always, ALWAYS, throw this lure upstream from you.  After casting upstream be sure to twitch your rod as you retrieve.  By using this retrieval method you will give this lure such amazing action that mimics a drifting dying fry drifting downstream.  Trout will be instantly attracted to your lure and will bite.  With that being said, of course this takes time and patience to learn.  You will not catch a fish with every cast or all the time.  But, this will maximize your chances to catch good trout.  There is no such thing as a guarantee, but I can tell you that this is the best trout lure I’ve ever used.

Get at me on twitter: @trueze

No comments:

Post a Comment