Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Fillet

Species: Trout


I love to fish.  You probably love to fish as well if you are reading this.  As an avid angler I preach and practice the method of "Catch and Release" for various reasons.  But, there are times where I get cravings for a fresh fish meal.  These circumstances find me along side a body of water with my measuring tape and stringer.  After I catch enough for myself I head home and begin the arduous process of cleaning and filleting.

Trout is one of my favorite fish to catch and eat.  Mostly as a result of the proximity of streams around me.  As fun as trout are to catch and eat, trout are not as fun to prepare.  Any person who has tried to fillet trout can tell you that the bones within the fish create a problem.  There are some people I know that will not even try to clean or eat trout because of the multitude of bones that can result in an unsatisfying meal.

Below is the a video of the best way I have found to fillet trout.  This is a little bit different than any other method that I have found.  If done correctly, you can remove all the bones from the meat!  Take a look!




Check back in every Friday to see what we are filleting next!

No comments:

Post a Comment